In this article, I am going to show you how to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows. If you are interested about Apple’s new Mac operating system macOS majave 10.14 and want to try it then you are in the right place because here you will find any kind of files that you will need to install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows. So make sure to follow the step by step pictorial tutorial below to install the new Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox.
Before we get started, make sure your system can support Virtualization technology and it is enabled from BIOS, so you can run Virtualization software like Virtualbox. You should also have a 64 bytes Windows operating system (OP) with at least 2 GB Ram and 20 GB free storage but we recommend you 4 GB of RAM or higher and more storage so you can store more files and install more apps on macOS Mojave. Also, if you have an SSD it’s highly recommended that you install it on SSD inside of HDD because you will have much higher performance.
How to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows
To install Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox, you need to download the following files and read the step by step guide to avoiding any problems. If you miss any of the steps below then you might be unsuccessful to run it.
Files To Download
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 (part 1)
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 (part 9)
- Download latest version of VirtualBox
- Download Code of macOS Mojave for VirtualBox
Step 1: Extract macOS Mojave Image File
Once you have downloaded macOS Mojave VMDK file, then you need to extract it through WinRAR after that you can use the image. To unzip the file, just right-click on file then select“Extract Here.“ It will take a few minutes to complete extraction process.
More guide about Extracting of zip file
After download macOS Mojave 10.14 from the link above, you need to extract it to get the file macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK. You can extract the compressed file through WinRAR, or any other extractor that works for you. For this demonstration, I have used Winrar. Locate your macOS Mojave file in an appropriate location then right-click and select Extract to macOS Mojave 10.14 and wait for it to complete.
Step 2: Install VirtualBox on Windows
Download the latest version of VirtualBox from the link above and then Install it on your Windows PC. To install VirtualBox, just click on the setup then hit “Next” for a couple of times and Finally, click “Finished”.
Step 3: Create New Virtual Machine
After installing VirtualBox, now you will need to create a new virtual machine on Virtualbox.
1. Open the VirtualBox then click on “New” at the upper left-hand side. Type the name for the Virtual Machine “macOS Mojave” or any other name that you like. Choose the type “Mac OS X” and version to “macOS 10.13 High Sierra (64-bit)” or “Mac OS X (64-bit)” then increase the memory size to minimum 4 GB (4096 MB). From the Hard Disk section select “Use an existing virtual hard disk file” and click on the small folder icon to browse the VMDK file.
2. Once you clicked on the small folder icon, you will see the snapshot down below. Navigate to macOS Mojave Extracted file that you have done on step 1. Select the VMDK Image file and click Open.
Step 4: Edit the New Virtual Machine
1. Open the VirtualBox then click on “Settings“.
2. In the “General Tab“, don’t touch anything and let everything to the default. Go to the next option “System“. You will see three main categories. Click on the first tab “Motherboard“. Uncheck “Floppy” drive and set the chipset to “ICH9“. The recommended memory size is at least 4 GB.
3. In the Processor Tab, select 2 Processors or more than that. Don’t forget to tick mark Enable PAE/NX.
4. Navigate to “Display option” then put the video memory to 128 MB. Check out Enable 3D Acceleration if you want. You can bring changes later on as well so don’t worry.
5. Now, navigate to “Network” section then “Enable Network Adapter”. And choose the adapter type “Intel PRO/1000 MT Server (82545EM)”. Finally to save all the changes click OK.
Step 5: Add VirtualBox Code to the CMD
1. Find VirtualBox code that you have downloaded. Replace “Your Virtual Machine Name” with your virtual machine name that you have created on step Step 3. Just do like the shot down below.
2. Open and Run CMD as Administrator and then copy and paste all the codes to the command prompt one by one.
Note: Before adding the code to CMD make you sure you quit or exit VirtualBox.
Step 6: Start the Virtual Machine
1. Once you have all the steps above successfully, you need to start the virtual machine. Just click on Start icon.
2. Now you will see a black screen with white text on it and load some codes. Wait for a moment until you see the Welcome window of macOS Mojave.
Step 7: Perform a Clean Installation of macOS Mojave
1. It’s time to perform macOS Mojave clean installation. Select your Country and click Continue.
2. Choose a Keyboard Layout and click on Continue. If you did not see your preferred keyboard just click on Show all text.
3. Now select your method to transfer information to this Mac and click Continue. We recommend you to choose the last option “Don’t transfer any information now“.
4. In this step, click on Set Up Later then Don’t Sign In. To complete the Installation process we suggest you don’t use your Apple ID right now. You can login to your Apple ID or iCloud later on.
5. Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Continue.
6. Fill out the Full name, Account name, Password, Hint and check the box of Set time zone based on Current location. Then finally click on Continue to create your user account for macOS Mojave.
7. If you want to customize Express Set Up, you can click on Customize Settings otherwise click on Continue.
8. Dark mode is a new feature added to macOS Mojave 10.14, so you can choose light or dark mode. Just select one of these looks and click Continue.
9. Wait a little while to Setting Up Your Mac.
Finally, you should see the macOS Mojave Wallpaper, and it successfully installs on VirtualBox
In this guide, we have covered the following steps. These are the summarize of above steps.
- Extract macOS Mojave Image File
- Install VirtualBox on Your PC
- Create New Virtual Machine
- Edit the New Virtual Machine
- Add VirtualBox Code to the CMD
- Play the Virtual Machine
- Perform a Clean Installation of macOS Mojave 10.14
If you have any kind of questions, suggestions or inquiries on how to Install macOS Mojave on VirtualBox on Windows, feel free to leave a comment down below this post and will answer your every question and get your suggestion for our future works. Thanks for being with us.