In this post, I want to show you how to install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows 10. Apple recently at WWDC 2018 announced their new operating system which is macOS Mojave 10.14. At the moment, you can test the developer preview of macOS Mojave on virtualization software such as VMware and VirtualBox. It’s highly recommended to test the developer preview on VMware or VirtualBox because it’s very risky to install it on a personal computer. If you would like to test on your real machine, you can do that as well but keep in mind that you must have a full backup of your data in case something happened inconveniently. To Install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows just go through the step by step guide down below and do exactly as the guide shown.
How to Install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows – Installation Guide
To install macOS Mojave on VMware on windows, you need WinRAR or 7zip, macOS Mojave 10.14 VMDK file, VMware Workstation/Player. All the essential files are listed down below for download.
- Minimum 2 GB memory
- Minimum 2 cores of processors
- Hard disk free space 20 GB
- Graphics memory 256 MB
- Your system should support Intel or AMD VT (Virtualization Technology)
- VT (Virtualization Technology) Should be enabled from BIOS setup
Download All Files
- Download VMware Workstation
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (1 Part)
- Download macOS Mojave 10.14 Beta (9 Parts)
- Download Patch Tool Folder
- Download MacOS high sierra on VMware on windows
Step 1: Extract macOS 10.14 Mojave VMDK Zip File
Once you have downloaded macOS Mojave VMDK file, then you need to extract it via WinRAR or 7zip after that you can use the image. To unzip the file, just right-click on file then select“Extract Here.“ It will take around 5 minutes to complete extraction process.
More Guide about Extracting the zip file
If you’ve downloaded 9 Parts just right click on one of the parts then select Extract to macOS Mojave 10.14. The reason we uploaded 9 parts because some people don’t have a stable or high internet speed so that they can download all 9 parts and it’s basically the same as one part.
Step 2: Install VMware on Your PC
Download VMware Workstation 14 Pro from the link mentioned above, then Install it on your Windows PC. To install VMware, just double click on its setup then hit Next and Next. Finally, click “Finished.” If you have installed already, then skip this step.
Step 3: Open Unlocker Folder & Install Patch Tool
Note: Before applying this step you must exit VMware then follow the step below.
Now, you need to download patch tool from the link mentioned in Download section of this post and unzip it via WinRAR. Navigate to Unlocker folder and right-click on win-install, select Run as administrator. The reason you are doing this step because you won’t see Apple Mac OS X on the Operating system list of VMware unless you install this tool.
Step 4: Create & Edit New Virtual Machine
1. Now open VMware and click on “Create a New Virtual Machine”(Ctrl+N) then select Typical (Recommended) and click Next
2. Select “I will install the operating system later” and click Next. Now choose“Apple Mac OS X” from operating system list then select macOS 10.14 from version and click Next.
3. Name the virtual machine macOS Mojave 10.14 or any other name that you prefer then browse a location to save virtual machine files and click Next. Don’t Specify the disk space just select Store virtual disk as a single file and click Next.
Note: You need to save it somewhere you remember and in a separate folder because later on, you will need to edit one of this file.
4. The essential VM files for macOS Mojave has been created, so go ahead and click Finish.
5. Open the macOS Mojave Virtual Machine then click on Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
Note: Don’t run the Virtual Machine until you made the essential changes.
6. Increase the Memory from 2 GB to 4 GB or higher for better performance.
7. Increase the CPU processor core from 2 cores to 4 or Higher cores for better performance. Finally, click OK to save all the changes that you made to the virtual machine settings.
8. Select Hard Disk from device section and Remove it.
9. Click Add button at the bottom of Virtual Machine window.
10. Select Hard Disk from Hardware section and click Next. Select SATA as disk type and click Next.
11. In this step, select the second option (Use an existing virtual disk) and click Next. Now, browse for macOS Mojave VMKD file.
12 . Select macOS Mojave VMKD File and click Open.
Step 5: Edit macOS Mojave VMX File
It’s time to edit VMX file. This file is the modification of VMware Virtual Machine. Navigate to macOS Mojave folder which you select in step 4 of this guide. If you didn’t specify a new location then have a look at the default location which is Document > Virtual Machine.
Right click on macOS Mojave 10.14.vmx then open it through Notepad or any third party text editor.
Scroll down to the bottom of texts and add this code smc.version = “0” or smc.version = 0 and click on File tab then click Save.
Step 6: Play macOS Mojave VM
1. Open macOS Mojave Virtual Machine then Click Power on this virtual machine.
2. Choose your Country and click on Continue.
3. Click Continue.
4. Pick a keyboard Layout and click on Continue.
5. Now choose your method to transfer information to this Mac and click on Continue. Here I don’t want to transfer any information.
5. In this step, you can to Sign in with your Apple ID. Otherwise, skip it and do it later. Select Don’t Sign in and click on Continue.
6. Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
7. Fill out the Full name, Account name, Password, Hint and check the box of Set time zone based on Current location. Then finally click on Continue to create your user account for macOS Mojave 10.14.
8. On the Express Set Up page, you don’t want to do something just click Continue.
9. Dark mode feature is added newly to macOS Mojave 10.14 so you can select light or dark mode. Just select one of these looks and click Continue.
10. Wait a little while to Setting Up Your Mac. Then it will run to the desktop of macOS Mojave.
In this article, I’ve shown you the step by step guide to install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows PC. If I left out something and didn’t mention please let me know by commenting down below this post. We have lots of new posts related to macOS Mojave so just stay up to date with us.