In this article, I am going to show you how to Reset lost or forgotten Password of Kali Linux just in three-minute? Kali, the Linux-based Operating System and Swiss army knife of hackers that are often used for penetration testing at the present times. This article perhaps essential for penetration tester or those who use Kali Linux for daily activity, like ethical hacking, penetration testing, or learners of information security fields. Reset Lost or forgotten Password Kali Linux
If you have lost your password of Kali Linux and you want to reset the lost password of Kali Linux? Fine, you don’t have to worry, Kali Linux makes it promising to recover and reset the lost password of Kali Linux. An additional useful information I can share is that if you only somebody’s username on his Kali, you can simply enter his system without facing any difficulty and sniff what he has been doing – isn’t in interesting? Sufficient of jokes! you may be frustrated with resetting your password and you may spend a lot of time doing yourself. So, Let’s check it out.
How to Reset Lost or forgotten Password? Kali Linux 2.x
Read more: TechplusTips
In this post, I’ll simply show you how to reset forgotten Kali Linux password and hope it help you reset the forgotten password of Kali Linux easily. I have simply explained in the bellow step-by-step or else if you don’t like reading, watch the video tutorial at the end of this post. So follow the Kali Linux 2.0 password reset article.
1. Start or Boot your Kali system and let the GNU Grub page will appear.
2. On the GNU GRUB page selects the Advanced options for Kali GNU/Linux option by down arrow key and press enter button.
3. Now you see that you have two more options, you can just select the second option which is Recovery mode option and press E key to go to recovery mode of Kali Linux.
4. Then you will this page which is full of configurations, go down using down arrow. Keep going down till you reach the echo and below it Linux. Just below this line, you will catch (ro) which is read-only, change it to (rw) which is writing mode. At that point, go at the end of this line and type (init=/bin/bash), and without doing anything or modifying anything else press F10 to reboot the Kali Linux.
5. After restarting or rebooting your Kali Linux system, it will bring you the bellow screen or shelter to reset Kali Linux password.
6. To reset the root password of the Kali Linux system, just type “passwd root” and smash the enter. At that point, type the new password two times for the root user. Once successfully resetting Kali Linux lost the password, then you will get the succeed message*password update successfully*. Well reboot the system generally and log-in with a newly or freshly changed the password of the root user.
We are Done!
The whole thing was explained in a very clear way. We hopefulness that this article was of your use and it is helped you to reset your lost Kali Linux password. Please, consider giving us your response. Leave a comment if any of the steps are not clear to you or if it does not work for you, we might find a way to solve your problems.
Reset Kali Linux Lost Password – Video Tutorial
If you are don’t like to read the article, watch this video which shows you how to reset the lost password of Kali Linux just in three minutes.
Finally, I hope you can easily reset Kali Linux lost password on your system or devices. If you have any problem or question. You can comment us on the comment section. We are trying to help you learn more about Kali Linux or reset the root password
default Kali Linux username and password forgot kali Linux password VirtualBox, Kali Linux username and password not working, Reset Lost or forgotten Password Kali Linux
Reset Lost or forgotten Password Kali Linux, change root password Kali Linux, Kali Linux username list, Reset Lost or forgotten Password Kali Linux